How To Delete Flywheel Account.
Do you really intend to delete/cancel/deactivate your Flywheel Account? Would you welcome our assistance on how to do that?
If your answer to the above questions is yes, then, we are here to serve you better. Our lasting solution is just all you need for such a problem.
As a matter of fact, there are various reasons why one would desire to delete his online account. The major reason among all is email spamming from the company providing the service.
Meanwhile, Flywheel was founded by Dusty Davidson, Tony Noecker, and Rick Knudtson in 2012 and is based in Omaha, Nebraska, in the United States. Their mission is simple; that is to improve the lives of the millions of web designers and web developers worldwide that build their websites on the WordPress platform.
How to manage and cancel your Flywheel Subsription
NOTE: They’re unable to process cancellations through support requests, but if you have questions along the way, please let them team know!
How can I cancel a subscription
- Once logged into the Flywheel app, navigate to the billing page from your user dropdown in the top right corner.
- If you have any subscriptions that are owned by an organization, you can use the context switcher in the top right corner to toggle between your personal account and organization.
- Next, you will want to click on the “Plan Details” of the subscription that you are wanting to cancel.
- This will bring you to the plan’s ‘Billing history’ and in the right-hand corner of this section, you’ll find a gear icon. Hover over the gear and select ‘Cancel subscription’ from the drop-down.
- If the site’s subscription is owned by an individual user, only that user can cancel a site’s subscription; collaborators don’t have that access. If the site is owned by an Organization, however, any member of the Org can cancel.
- They hate to see you go and that’s why the want to hear about your experience with them! When you choose to cancel a plan, you’ll be asked to select your reasoning for cancelling. After selecting your reasoning and adding any additional comments, you will need to enter your Flywheel password and confirm.
- Once confirmed, the plan will be cancelled and your site (including its backups) will be closed at the end, of the remaining billing period.
- The cancellation process allows you to cancel one plan at a time. If you’d like to cancel a second, you’ll want to follow this process for each plan to confirm its cancellation.
- They’re unable to process cancellations through support requests, but if you have questions along the way, please let them team know!
How to Cancel Your Account with Flywheel and Get a Refund
Flywheel offers a no-questions-asked money-back guarantee for all its hosting plans. Note that if you’re on a monthly plan, you only have three days to cancel and make the refund request. If you’re on an annual contract, you get an entire month. The same goes for any add-ons you’ve purchased, such as a CDN.
To cancel your account, go to your dashboard and then to the Billing tab. Under the ellipse, there will be a drop-down menu with the Cancel subscription option.
After clicking on Cancel subscription, you just need to fill out the a form. There are only five fields to complete, including putting in your password for security reasons. The text box with Additional comments or suggestions is compulsory, but you won’t get any follow-up calls about your feedback as Flywheel has a “no questions asked” cancellation policy.
After you’ve canceled your plan, there’ll be a countdown on your dashboard marking the number of days you’ll still have access to your site. This is a nice feature to make sure you’re always aware of how much time you have left so that you can make the proper arrangements.
You’ll also receive this final email confirmation. It will tell you to email the billing team with any further questions:
I wasn’t clear on how the refund works, since the information in the documentation is minimal. So, I took the opportunity to try out Flywheel’s ticket support for the last time and see whether the company would use any delay tactics to lock me out of the refund period. To their credit, they replied within five minutes:
As you can see, there was neither guilt-tripping nor any awkward questions that I was obliged to answer. The representative had already forwarded the refund request on my behalf and told me to use this thread to check on the progress.
Later that same day, they emailed me to make sure I understood that applying for the refund meant losing my website:
The next day, I got this final email from Flywheel’s billing team letting me know that they had processed the refund and that my website was being shut down:
I also got the following notice that I would be receiving a refund for my hosting plan:
I’d actually completely forgotten about my CDN subscription. Luckily, Flywheel automatically assumed that I required a refund for it (which I didn’t expect to get) and I was pleasantly surprised to see the email notice that it too would be refunded:
It wasn’t even 36 hours later that I had the refunds for both my hosting plan and the CDN subscription back in my bank account!
How to Permanently Delete your Flywheel Account
You may submit a verifiable request for them to delete any personal information they have collected about you. Please note that this is subject to certain exceptions.
Once they receive and confirm your verifiable request, they will delete your personal information from their records, unless an exception applies.
However, if they are not able to verify your identity, they will deny your request to delete it. They may also deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for them or their service provider(s)…
Follow these steps below to Permanently Delete your Flywheel Account:
Step 1. Log into your Email Account that is linked to the account you want to delete.
Step 2. Compose an email requesting account deletion, with your honest reason.
NOTE: You must state your account information on the body of your message.
Step 3. Now, in the Subject section type “REQUEST TO DELETE MY ACCOUNT”
Step 4. And finally, send the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here is a SAMPLE on how to write such an email.
They will respond to your request for access or to modify or deactivate your information within thirty (30) days.
Please for more on how to Permanently Delete your Flywheel Account, please contact their support.
Has this article helped you?
If Yes!, don’t forget to share your opinion in the comment box below.
Meanwhile, remember also to share this article on your social media handle…